Saturday, May 31, 2014

MY FAVORITE COMICS - "Godhood's End!" in The Avengers #97

 I loved this comic to death when I came across it and I still do now. This was the first Avengers comic I ever read and I honestly didn't have a clue as to what was going on - it was the end of a saga known as the Kree/Skrull war - but that didn't matter because the artwork and the imagination depicted were so overwhelming that their overload totally compensanted for my disorientation... in fact, I suspect it might have contributed even more to its overall effect on me. This comic was like an explosion, literally and figuratively! There were so many superheros running around and fighting evil aliens - this was like comic book heaven for a kid looking for some fun entertainment. And the ending, for one still discovering the marvel universe and wasn't consciously aware about the superhero genre many clich├ęs,  it was like a punch in the guts.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home