Saturday, April 19, 2014

MY FAVORITE COMICS - The Incredible Hulk #1-5

I was lucky enough to read all the first five issues of The Incredible Hulk as a kid and I still love every single page of them. Reading these feels like I'm watching missing episodes of The Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits. While not as revered by fandom as other works by the same creative team, there's a primitive quality about these tales, both in art and story, that has never been matched in the Hulk's subsequent stories - it's almost like there are two Hulk characters, the one by Jack Kirby on these issues and the one that has had a lengthy run done by several hired hands afterwards. There's an eeriness, an ominous mood about these tales that even today I find extremely captivating and that I've never seen on any other subsequent Hulk comic.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home