Saturday, September 27, 2014

MY FAVORITE COMICS - Les Schtroumpfs, Johan et Pirlouit, Benoît Brisefer by Peyo


     Speaking of blue skinned creatures... back when I was a little kid, the Schtroumpfs were everywhere. There was an animated tv series, toys, all sorts of merchandising and, naturally, the comics. I remember how that stuff really triggered my imagination. I mean, for a small child, at least in those more innocent times, there could really be some lost race of little creatures somewhere out there, right? Oh, I also remember seeing the ads for a movie, "La flûte à six Schtroumpfs". Sadly, mom and dad never took me to see that movie... But what seemed like the two main heroes of the film, at least from the poster and movie stills shown outside the theatres (named Johan and Pirlouit, I would later learn) stuck on my mind. They seemed like fun. Fast forward a few years and I borrow a couple of books from a friend of a friend. Both by Peyo. The cartoonist behind the Schtroumpfs. Guess who I finally get to know? That's right, Johan and Pirlouit. Boy, were my instincts right? This was even more fun that those Schtroumpfs books I had, which were already pretty good. This was more like adventure! And plus, the other book had a character I had never even seen or heard about: Benoît Brisefer, a superpowered kid who loses his powers whenever he catches a cold. More innocent times like I said... but they sure don't mak'em like they used to. 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home