Saturday, August 29, 2015

MY FAVORITE COMICS - Safari Honeymoon

 I wish I could come up with comics as good as this. Someday, when I grow up, maybe. I find this comic so good on so many levels, from the "high concept" to its "execution". It's so refreshing, inspiring and personal. Jesse Jacobs builds a cartoon world that is coherent, charming, creative, whimsical, amusing and terrifying too... and it's all his own too, like handwriting.  Don't let yourself be deceived by the apparently simple fa├žade of the ornamental and doodly-oriented art of Jesse Jacobs. Like the biological ecosystem invented and depicted right in front of the readers (and of the protagonists) eyes, within its pages, Safary Honeymoon has layers over layers of themes and questions that kept wondering about the hypothesis long after I've closed the book.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home